In need of some positive thinking

Home Forums General In need of some positive thinking

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Suzanneford45 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Suzanneford45
    Participant

Hi everyone I am really struggling to be positive at the moment having just had a visit to the pain clinic they are all lovely there but they always make me feel like pain is all in my head always come away feeling dissatisfied just tell me to keep upping my tablets and giving you a feeling sorry for you look it’s so frustrating because they don’t really understand I am sure there are lots of us here that feel like that
    thanks for listening
    Suzanne

mrsH
    Participant

Hi Suzanne

I had a pretty similar experience to you with my local pain clinic and felt heavily patronized, and my experience of pain belittled.I think the pain clinics are a bit of a lottery, as I know some on here have found them really useful and helpful.

Have they suggested a pain management course?

lc
    Participant

Hi Suzanne, your pain is real and its not in your head,or is it the way your thinking about what they think. or have they verbally told you its in your head? Have you got any hobbies you like doing, like mine is drawing/painting, leatherwork and wood carving. doing things you like and enjoy makes you happy and gives you a self worthyness, something that keeps your attention and concentration, keeps your mind occupied on what your doing instead of thinking about pain.I do mine as and when I can. or maybe think back to when you was a child and enjoyed doing something that you maybe want to start up again. has not got to be to challenging for what you can do now.or just get them old records/cd’s out to listen to and pretend your the singer up on that stage thats what i do when pain is bad. Mad but it works for me. Takes your mind away from thinking about how much pain your in. I used to think like that about drs but now just think there clueless to how we feel being in all that pain.hope this cheers you up and gives you some ideas to focus on something else rather than getting yourself down about pain. by the way your not alone I’m in constant pain just varying levels. Take care and Best Wishes. Lee

Suzanneford45
    Participant

Thanks for your replies
    MrsH : I have had all sorts of injections that haven’t helped so I suppose they are trying it’s just the way they talk to you make you feel a bit stupid but actually feel like I know more than they do!!
    Lee : They haven’t verbally told me its all in my head just how they made me feel I have what they call failed back surgery I had 2 discs replaced in my cervical spine 4 years ago and unfortunately even though the operation went well the damage was already done so the main pain for me is neck shoulder’s and arms so really difficult doing anything repetitive with my hands which rules out so many things I used to love doing I have my dog though he helps just being here thankyou though you did cheer me up 😊
    Suzanne

lc
    Participant

Hi Suzanne, I’m the other way round lower back and pelvis all which effect my legs. chop each other in half we might get one good working body, may be a bit weird as I’m a bloke. LOL. fractured /dislocation of pelvis and 2x ops on lower back fused, left with chronic persistant pain / nerve pain and damage plus arthritis in it all. so understand how you feel. best wishes . lee

Suzanneford45
    Participant

That would be funny 😁 nice to know you understand that’s all we really want
    Thanks again for your reply
    Suzanne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.