Do you ever take CODEINE? Volunteers required for a survey

Home Forums General Do you ever take CODEINE? Volunteers required for a survey

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sara_louise 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

We have had a request from the University of South Wales for volunteers to take part in a survey about codeine. If you ever take codeine, in any form, whether daily or just occasionally, you are welcome to take part. Jan at PainSupport.

Here is what they say:

You are invited to take part in a survey designed to measure strong desires and urges to take and use codeine (Codeine craving). This survey is part of my MSc dissertation for the Clinical and Abnormal Psychology course at the University of South Wales, and it is not going to take more than 10 minutes of your time.

The results of this project will be used to construct a scale measuring codeine cravings and in that way to assist researchers and clinicians to better understand the nature of those cravings, so as to be better able to help people who routinely use codeine. All responses and private data of this survey will be strictly confidential.

If you need more information about this study, please feel free to contact me by email at 16034988@students.southwales.ac.uk

Thank you for your time.
    SURVEY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BNBWD8F

lc
    Participant

Hi Jan,interesting, that’s a bit of a weird one for me, cannot say i have cravings for codeine although i take them as and when needed but knew 2 people that had an addiction to it, no longer with us. one died of kidney failure the other heart problem were husband and wife they took it like a you would have a drink like tea or coffee. take care care and best wishes. Lee

Laura
    Participant

I’ve done the survey too. I only take codeine when I have kidney pain and even then I’m in terrible pain, but it does take the edge off. I’ve never felt the need to take any medication to make me feel happier/better etc. but then medication usually makes me very sick so I avoid it at all costs.

Hope
    Participant

I’ve done the survey. I take codeine every day for pain , sadly it doesn’t
    help much but I can’t take other painkillers.

sara_louise
    Participant

the questions are very biased to making you say you crave codeine. if you are in pain then of course you are going to take some . they dont ask anything about why you take it other than you carve it in some shape or form. a lot of questions were repeated .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.