anyone have hypothyroidism and pmle and sle

Home Forums General anyone have hypothyroidism and pmle and sle

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AnnieD 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lc
    Participant

Hi All,
    over the past 4-5 years at the begining of the year when the sun comes out I have been coming out in a itchy/ burning rash. went to drs again this year and was dr diagnosed me with pmle polymorphic light eruption. but have raised blood platelets for past year thyroid levels bouncing all over the place to high to low.Fatigue and un explained pain mainly feet but moves around. had no end of blood tests and dr not quite sure what is going on. the other day i was talking to a woman who works with my wife and she had exactly same problem and was diagnosed with systematic lupus eruption sle. went back to drs and told them about this woman and they went right through my long list of blood tests and finally said to me strange we havent tested you for that yet normally it would be one of the first. and said yes your probably right.but it is hard to identify. next bloods test i have we will add this to be requested, which is in a weeks time. I hope i haven’t got it. so have to wait and see. DRS you go to see them to diagnose yourself sometimes,normally they are pretty good. and said we have been keeping an eye on you , hence the phone calls and bloods.and said sometimes you can get another autoimmune disease if you already one. just wondering if anyone else has had same problem? so i’m not very happy at moment waiting. got enough to deal with, with constant pain let alone something else wrong. oh well what will be will be, cant change it.just feels like i was born with all the rotten left overs. LOL gotta laugh just carry on. Take care and best wishes to you all. Lee

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Hi Lee, That’s a lot to take on board, isn’t it. As far as I know I don’t have any of those conditions, though I do have a goitre on my thyroid, which seems stable at the moment.

I hope your result is clear next week, so you have something definite to work with. Any illness or condition is so much easier to manage if it has a name.

Good luck, Lee, and keep in touch, won’t you. 🙂

Jan at PainSupport

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Lee – sorry to hear about your current plight, and wish you all the best for next week! I began getting red raw itchy hot areas over my calves/forearms and was tested for lupus, but got the all clear, I was advised to see a dermatologist, I didn’t as I thought I’ve got enough on my plate. I feel like mine are either caused by chemical sensitivity, and or when my pain’s bad, it makes my skin super sensitive. I did used to suffer with psoriasis, but sometimes the patches stop itching despite remaining hot red rawness, so I do know it’s not that, but I get them randomly throughout the year and they take an awful long time to go away, and even a shower makes them worse. Sometimes I think pain makes your body just go into crazy overdrive mode…..
    So I do wish you the best of luck in getting a diagnosis!!! take care & let us know how you get on…. best wishes AnnieD

lc
    Participant

Hi Jan, AnnieD, Thank you for your replies, Dr told me its a lot more common in women than men something like 1 in 1000 in men. reckon i must have a y gene in me. lol. just seems strange after all these years being out in the sun working out in it and holidays to suddenly being allergic to the uva/uvb light. weird one. As you say Jan I need to know what it is so I know how to manage it. at moment trying to restrict myself from being out in the sun too long by covering up smothering in sun lotion but still come out in rash. keeping in the shade alot thats the only time i take my shirt off.or indoors in this hot weather. which i find hard as i am an outdoor person. well i will keep you informed just hoping its not lupus. been tested to see if it was one of the meds i take but it isn’t that causing it. take care and best wishes to you both.Lee

AnnieD
    Participant

Hi Lee – my GP said they’re seeing a lot of adults 30s to 60s develop late on-set allergies. It’s bizarre, Hey plus check you possibly being a rare specimen in the male population! Fingers crossed you’re not though, with everything else you’ve got going on. As I know what you mean about being an outdoors person, it makes you feel so much better being out there. take it easy and all the best next week – we’ll think lots of positive thoughts for you – AnnieD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.