PainSupport Photo Album – hobbies/art/crafts/inspiration – Part 2

Home Forums General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable) PainSupport Photo Album – hobbies/art/crafts/inspiration – Part 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

I’m starting Part 2 of this topic. All new posts here please.

——————————————-

Making things is a great distraction from pain – and also great fun. Now you can chat about your creations here and, even better, see other members’ work in our private Google Picasa photo-sharing album!

Forum members are welcome to chat on this topic, whether you’re a scrapbooker or a sculptor, a painter, a printer, bake cakes, make collages, weave, write or make gadgets for the home, make cards, jewellery or fine art, knit, draw or doodle, colour-in readymade printed drawings, fill a pot with beautiful flowers or create a garden. Photos of any form of art, craft and handiwork are welcome – whether you’re an absolute beginner or an expert.

TO VIEW THE ALBUM
    *Contact me by email/Contact Us link above if you’d like to receive an email from Picasa with a link to the Forum Photo Album.

TO POST A PHOTO IN THE ALBUM
    You can send me a couple of photos of your work and I will upload them to the album. Include a short description + your forum name, eg “Your name, UK. My spring garden. First pencil sketch.”

TO UPLOAD A PHOTO YOURSELF – if you have a Gmail address
    You can upload a few photos from a link in the Picasa email. Label as described above.

No hobby or interest currently? This is your chance to get inspired – and get started!

Jan at PainSupport

demi
    Participant

To all of you who enjoy adult colouring books there are some currently on sale on the book people website at http://www.bookpeople.co.uk a fantastic website which I personally use often and would highly recommend. Happy colouring everyone, love Demi 🙂 xx

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

I’ve just uploaded five pictures from Swansea Jack. Two are watercolours painted using adult colouring books and the other three are papercut silhouettes.

Do go and see them don’t forget to make some comments underneath the pictures.

If you haven’t yet joined our Picasa album list, please write to me with your email address and I will send you the link so you can see all the pictures of our members’ art and craft work. You can use the contact us link in the menu above

anniekat
    Participant

Hi all,

Ages ago I used to organise courses for small (as in acreage!) farmers and we did several basket making courses.

Recently, I decided to buy some willows from Somerset and see if I hadn’t forgotten what I’d learned. I must say that it was much harder on my spine, but I found that if I did just a little bit a day, it wasn’t too bad. And I’m thoroughly enjoying a new hobby.

The point of saying this is to show that it’s never too late to try something else to enjoy to make up for some of the hobbies we may have had to give up.

Annie x

Well done, Annie. Your skills haven’t left you as I can see from the photo in our Picasa album.

If you aren’t already a member, let me know if you would like to join and I will arrange for you to be a member of the album so you can see all our art and hobby photos – everything from a beautiful sherry trifle to fine art paintings!

You can contact me from the Contact Us page in the menu.
    Jan at PainSupport

anniekat
    Participant

For the first time for ages I’ve had a good browse through the crafts photos via picasa, and Im amazed at the standard of the artwork from everybody on there. There’s so much that we can attempt even though we are in pain – and it’s such a good distraction, isn’t it.
    Annie x

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Re-posted for Marilyn:

I don’t know if, like me, other people get so restless with aches and pains. I have found a way to become less restless and more relaxed. It is called art therapy. These are colouring books which are similar to the ones we used to have when children but more intricate. I find them useful and am too absorbed in working out the colours to worry about being in pain. These books can be bought in a lot of craft websites and Amazon and cost about £6 for 30 pages.

Laura
    Participant

Hi Marilyn,

Strangely enough I saw these colouring books advertised on TV this morning, it’s a series of weekly books I think. The first one is only 99p so think I’ll invest! Great idea.

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Re-posted for Antonia

Hi

I have just been sent an email from Hobbycraft with some lovely books so I am positing the link here just in case anyone is interested. Hope it works!!

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/craft-essentials/craft-books/adult-colouring-books?resultsPerPage=100

Jan 🙂 (Antonia)

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

By the way…

I’ve noticed that the Picasa albums now have a drag and drop facility which is SO much easier than it was before.

1. You open the folder that contains your photos.
    2. Have Picasa open.
    3. Click Upload photos.
    4. Select your photos and drag them into the Picasa screen.
    5. Write a caption if you want to and click OK at the bottom of the page.

That’s it, easy!

At least, this is what I can now do, I hope someone will try it out and let me know if these are the correct instructions for members as well as the ‘owner’ of the album – me!
    Jan at PainSupport

dalhousie
    Participant

The arts/crafts album has changed to Google. Can I upload pics onto it from my iPad. Do you need a new link for the Google photo album??

Jan Sadler
    Keymaster

Hi Dalhousie

I regret the photo albums are closed. Google changed the format and it now isn’t suitable for what we wanted from the album.

I’m sorry for your disappointment.

Jan at PainSupport.

dalhousie
    Participant

That’s such a shame. I used to enjoy popping in to both of them but particularly the arts/crafts as I am a knitter/sewer. Crafts are a good distraction and I enjoy seeing what other people do and am in awe of the craftwork they produce. Maybe in the future there might be some way of bringing them back so people can add to them. I learned quite a bit from the gardening one with the names of flowers etc as I’m not able to garden so have never had much of a garden myself.

Rose
    Participant

Hi Jan ,Dalhousie, and folks. I’ve been trying to delete some of my emails, clearing clutter etc and I’ve come across about 100 of Picasso via Jan emails with people’s contributions of photos and comments that I didn’t delete at the time. It’s lovely looking through them even now . And I hope to keep most of them for quite a while yet.

anniekat
    Participant

Lucky you, Rose, I too wish we could have those pictures back!

Annie x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Forum (now closed, but readable and searchable)’ is closed to new topics and replies.