The PainSupport Forum
The aim of the PainSupport website is to promote techniques and ideas for the self-management of pain and to support those with chronic (long term) pain.
The PainSupport Forum offers a friendly, positive and supportive place for the sharing of information and ideas for pain relief, information about treatments, therapies and the self-management of pain.
By posting to the Forum you are agreeing that you have read and understood the Forum Rules below and the Website Terms and Conditions of Use and that you accept these.
- Please keep your postings relevant to pain matters, not general chat. If you would like to find new friends to talk to, you are welcome to join the PainSupport Contact Club.
- We work hard to keep the Forum a positive, supportive space so if you just want to moan, argue or otherwise upset the balance of the Forum this is not the place for you.
- Members, including medical professionals, must not attempt to diagnose other members’ medical conditions or to suggest treatments, medications or dosages to other members, as you do not know the member’s full medical history.
- Sharing your own experiences is allowed for we can learn a great deal through the experiences of others. Remember that what has worked for one person may not be right for another. Please be careful in your postings to give correct details of any treatments you have had and prescription drugs or dosages you use.
- Before taking action on anything read on the Forum please seek advice from your doctor. Always check out any undiagnosed pain with your doctor.
- Please do not name specific members of the medical profession in your posts.
- PainSupport is not a suicide watch web site, we are not qualified to properly help you. If you feel desperate and unable to cope with your situation, please don’t post on the forum but do contact the Samaritans as they are qualified to give you the support you need.
Samaritans Website: http://www.samaritans.org
Telephone: 08457 90 90 90 in the UK and Northern Ireland,
1850 60 90 90 in the Republic of Ireland.
- Space on the forum is limited, so please don’t repeatedly post the same or similar content.
- There is a limit of 1,500 characters in one post. Please do not try to circumvent this by making additional posts as they will be deleted.
- The Forum is not to be used to promote a business, social network groups, support groups, personal websites/blogs/vlogs, etc. or to promote any religion or beliefs, whatever these may be. References to these will be deleted.
- All postings will be deleted that contain commercial, religious, political, upsetting or offensive content of any kind, including attacks on other members.
- No swearing in any form is allowed. Swearing in another language or ‘hidden’ swearing, e.g. removing a letter, is also unacceptable and the posting will be edited or deleted.
- Please be aware that defamatory or critical posts made on the PainSupport website forum of an individual, company, organisation or of a political group may be considered libellous, so please don’t do it!
- For legal reasons you are not allowed to pass on or to offer to other members of the forum any coprighted information whatsoever. This includes information about benefits. Material that is copyrighted has a copyright ‘C’ symbol at the end, like this ©.
- Forum members are asked to register only one user account and not to share that account.
- Stay safe – protect your privacy! Don’t give out detailed information about yourself, such as your telephone or mobile number or your home address. Please don’t ask for anyone else’s details. If you want to mention where you are from, it is best only to say a general region. Remember that meeting or telephoning someone offline that you have only been in touch with online is never recommended.
- The PainSupport Forum is not to be used to harvest information of any kind about our members.
- If you are a student or medical professional and seek volunteers for an authorised research study, before posting your request, please contact us first with full details of the study.
- PainSupport reviews all the postings and reserves the right to edit or remove any material considered inappropriate. Decisions as to what constitutes unacceptable postings will be made at the discretion of the Moderators and Adminstrator and no correspondence will be entered into.
Administration of the Forum
Breaking of the rules will lead to a warning, if rules then continue to be broken, it will lead to the member being banned from the Forum.
Permanent bans from the Forum are taken as a last resort and much thought is given before implementing them. No correspondence will be entered into about such a ban.
PainSupport accepts no liability or responsibility for the information or opinions contained in this Forum, and the material is in no way intended to replace professional medical attention by a qualified practitioner.
Please seek professional medical advice before acting on any information on this website.
The Administration Team